Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pamela Anderson doesn't F around (well, in interviews anyway)


I meant to have this post up on my birthday, but I am old - and old people tend to forget things. But it hasn't been a week yet which means I still have time to commemorate my birf-week post to Miss Pamela Anderson, who was definitely one of my favorite interviews to date.

I met stalked Pam (and yes, I just called her Pam off the jump - get off me) at Club Play during Super Bowl week. And I mean, I literally sat outside her dressing room while she downed champagne and got her make up done for maybe two hours. (I didn't say the experience of getting this interview was my favorite).

But on a side note, while waiting I also met Peter - a nightlife photog whom I now see regularly on our shameless nightlife escapades - whose crew Red Eye Productions shoots everything in Miami, and I mean everything. Seriously, I am in complete and utter awe of them. Anyway, I digress - the proverb Peter bestowed upon me is quite possibly one of the best sayings for media life I've ever heard - and it may be well known - but it just sums it up so well: "Hurry up, and wait." Those looking to pursue a career in media (particularly celeby stuff) - know this: no truer words were ever uttered. You will literally rush to make it to any call time, event, red carpet, then wait for hours sometimes until the celebs decide to step foot on it. But who wants to be the asshole who comes late and misses it? Exactly...the whole thing is a VERY effective Catch-22.

So, before Peter and and I were literally ready to barge in Pamela's dressing room, knock the bubbly out of her hand, and begin snapping and asking away, she appeared -- with her gay BFF (and featured designer of the night) Richie Rich in tow.

Now, I know it has been a while since her days of saving lives in her red one piece bathing suit, but my first impression was: those years in the sun (or what have you) haven't been so good to her. But on the other hand, who's to say any of us will look that sexy (or even think we do) after popping out two kids? Plus, while she may be a bit of train wreck, she is a total bad ass. And not only because her two kids are named Brandon and Dylan (it is still killing me that I forgot to ask her if this was because she was a massive Beverly Hills, 90210 fan like me) - but she is one of, if not the, only person I've interviewed thus far who cut the bull shit entirely. No media trained answers, just the raw truth. Now, whether that was because I literally pounced on her the second her five-inch kitten heels stepped out the door is yet to be determined -- but frankly, I don't even care. She was cool with me thrusting my Axe flip cam in her face, and overall pretty honest and funny - and for that, she has my respect.

Check out the video
of us essentially screaming at each other over the untziness going down at Club Play - and of course my signature awkward attempt to get personal - and tell me honestly: don't you love her a little bit more now?

No comments:

Post a Comment