Monday, August 2, 2010

Not even ROBBERS want my Axe Flip Cam


It was a sad day in the offices of Liz Newman last weekend. Two KEY members of my staff left me and didn't give any notice...but it wasn't exactly on their merit. My house was broken into, and my laptop (my new kick-ass Mac Book Pro) and Smokey Robinson (my Cannon that smoked when the flash went off - good luck pawning that one, assholes) were stolen.

It has been a week and I still feel completely naked. As you've read I am somewhat of a one-stop-shop - which means a writer, photographer and video/photo editor among other things - and such tasks require a computer that doesn't make me want to throw it across the room. Not to mention, I am literally on my laptop 15 hours a day minimum...so needless to say, this was a major hit.

But here is the only amusing part: my computer was sitting on my desk, along with Smokey and my Axe Flip Cam. And guess what was the only thing left sitting there when I went to survey the damage? Yep, the flip. No joke, I almost didn't believe it and literally laughed out loud (between my sobs, of course) when I saw it lying there next to the imprint of my beloved computer. The cops definitely thought I was losing it. But I just couldn't get over the irony - I mean, these punks even took my hot pink laptop case from Target, but not my flip cam with the big Axe label...unbelievable.

More good news, they didn't find my old iBook...bad news is, it sucks. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a computer snob but I basically drove a Ferrari for the past 8 months and now am back in a Chevy. A lot changes in five years when it comes to technology, and this thing can't keep up with me anymore. So readers (all three of you) unless you want to donate about $500 a piece to Liz Newman, Inc., looks like I am going to have to pray my Dad is feeling particularly generous this birthday (which thankfully is only two weeks away).

Until then, the real silver lining (or I guess in this case, the bold red and black Axe logo-lining) is I still have my Axe Flip so "Before The Axe"can live on (and still be legit). Unfortunately, I did lose a good amount of my celeb video interviews and pictures, but we will economise - and I will have plenty more soon. Hey, those damn hooligans may have taken my heart (in the form of a silver 17'' Mac Book Pro with a dent on the left corner if anyone sees it at a local pawn shop), but not my soul. Plus, if leaving the flip behind wasn't a sign there is a need for this blog, I don't know what is.

3 comments:

  1. So glad they left the flip and crossing my fingers on the birthday gift for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, but thank goodness those hoodlums took Smokey Robinson over the Axe. And going from a Ferrari to a Chevy, well that just isn't fun at all is it Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you. battle axe

    ReplyDelete